Statistics And Facts:
- Overdoses and deaths related to opiates have reached an all-time high in the United States and are considered an epidemic by the CDC and NIH.
- According to the CDC, Opiate related deaths were five times higher in 2016 than 2015.
- In 2016, Drug Overdose is the leading cause of accidental death in the United States with heroin accounting for 25% of those deaths and opiate prescription pain medications accounting for another 38%.
- In 2016, there were 89 deaths PER DAY related to prescription drug deaths. It is surmised that many of these deaths are from illegally made synthetic Fentanyl.
- 11.8 million people in the United States reported misusing opiates in the past year and 2.1 million met the criteria for opiate dependence.
- The CDC and SAMHSA recognize that Medication Assisted Treated is highly effective at treating opioid use disorder.
- Medication Assisted Treatment reduces the chances of contracting or spreading communicable diseases such as HIV and Hepatitis C.
- Medication Assisted Treatment helps to reduce cravings, stay in treatment, address core issues, sustain long term recovery, reduce criminal activity, address healthy living lifestyles, and increase employability.
Alternatives for Life Treatment & Recovery remains firm in its commitment to treat those struggling with opioid addiction. ALTR is a provider of essential services and remains open for business.
Big changes to Medicated Assisted Treatment (MAT) for opioid dependence will be taking place as of January 1, 2020! Recognizing the need for accessible care and that Medicated Assisted Treatment via methadone and buprenorphine is an “an effective treatment for OUD”...